NUCCA Chiropractic Explained
NUCCA is the technique of the National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association. NUCCA aims to improve the balance of your spinal alignment, from your head to your hips, by using the least amount of force, and as few adjustment as necessary.
NUCCA Chiropractic Care for Whole Body Balance
We do this by examining and adjusting one of the most powerful areas of the spine, the upper cervical spine–the upper neck. This area of the body is very unique, as it is one of the most movable and dynamic joints of the body.
Misalignments in this area of the spine can cause changes in body balance and function. We call this the Atlas Subluxation Complex.
The emphasis of NUCCA is on balanced posture and chiropractic adjustments that create stability in the spine.
What happens when the atlas is misaligned?
We do this by examining and adjusting one of the most powerful areas of the spine, the upper cervical spine–the
Body tension and imbalance that you can actually see, if you know what to look for.
In response to the head being off-center of the body,
- Head to toe, muscles of the body become unbalanced, leading to unequal pulling on spinal vertebrae and painful “fixations” in the spine.
- There is a twist in the pelvis and hips, creating the appearance of a “short leg” and the spine loses its stable base.
- Unequal weight is carried on each half of the body, leading to joint aches and pains as the body breaks down faster on one side than the other.
- Finally the quality of the blood flow (nutrition) to important nervous system tissue in the spinal cord/brain stem is affected, negatively impacting internal organ systems, creating multiple and often confusing symptoms.
By carefully restoring head and neck alignment, the body can halt and begin to reverse the effects of spinal stress. Body balance is restored.
What happens after we correct the upper cervical misalignment?
By carefully restoring head and neck alignment, the body can stop and begin to reverse the effects of spinal stress. Especially when the body is able to hold the new alignment for longer periods of time. We want to adjust you the least amount possible.
With NUCCA upper cervical care,
- the spine regains flexibility
- tight, painful back muscles relax
- The hips and the legs balance
- stress is taken from inflamed joints
- pain is relieved
- damaging stress to the nervous system is reduced
NUCCA upper cervical chiropractic in research and in the media.
NUCCA research broke new ground in medicine, by being involved in a pilot study on the effects of NUCCA care for high blood pressure. In research published in the Journal of Human Hypertension, it was shown that NUCCA chiropractic care resulted in the lowering of blood pressure equal to the strength of two blood pressure pills for some patients. Read the article on the research at WebMD.
The research branch of the NUCCA organization, the Upper Cervical Research Foundation (UCRF), is actively pursuing research into the effects of adjustments on the upper cervical spine (upper-neck). UCRF is working with some of the brightest minds in health care. You can read about some of their projects here.
MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT NUCCA?
MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT NUCCA?